Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adventures in Momland

So most of you know that I left the working mom world as of this last May, but only this week does it really feel "real." School started Monday, and for the last 18 years, I have been part of the masses preparing for the back-to-school season. So not going through that routine feels almost wrong. But it is so right.

It feel so surreal to not only not be a part of the hubub, but to be at home with our growing boy. I feel alive inside- like I am making a difference. Even if my difference is in his life, I know with a Godly upbringing and morals and consistency, he can grow up to make a difference in someone else's life. If it sounds like I'm making huge plans for a teeny person.. well I am.

My hope is that by investing in our child, we create a responsible, respectful, and caring young person. Coming from experience, more children like that COULD change the world. I've seen these kinds of kids make a huge difference in a school. Kiddos that care about what they do and how it affects the people around them. They make a difference.


So, while it may seem that being a stay-at-home mom is an easy gig, many of you really know what we're living for and why it matters.

Just random thoughts, brought to you by nap time.




No comments: