Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Chemical Free

So lately around the Cavalier house, we have slowly been moving towards a chemical free house. When we run out of a product, I've been attempting to replace it with something more natural. Some of these I purchase from a researched toxin free, organic, chemical free company. Some; however, I have begun to try to make! Such as laundry detergent, cloth baby wipes solution, and now lotion. Eventually I'd like to try to make more and more. Maybe dishwasher detergent, soaps, and cleaning solvents!

It seems to be very cost effective, and a little goes quite a long way!

So for my lotion tonight, I used the following ingredients.

2 T shaved beeswax
1/2 C Sweet Almond Oil
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1 C pure distilled water
30 drops lavender essential oil

That's it!

I boiled my cup of water to purify it first. Set it aside in a regular blender.

Second, combined all my oils and shaved beeswax into a small Pyrex bowl. I then placed the Pyrex bowl into a sauce pan with water 1/2 up the side. Set on the stove and wait for wax to melt. As soon as it melts, remove.

Set the blender with water in it to cream or whip, and then slowly add the oil to the water through the hole in the blender lid.

It will begin to emulsify once all the oil is added.

Add desired essential oils. (I used lavender, but want to try other ingredients such as eucalyptus, shea, calendula and jojoba in my next batch).

Pour into a glass container and set aside to cool.

Shelf life is approximately 6 months. For longer life, store in the refrigerator.

Chemical free and super moisturizer!!

Here's a photo of my process.
Feel free to comment with any suggestions or advice!!

No comments: