Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let's get organized.. organized...

So Hubs and I have been working on getting the Cavalier house organized. We're paying off debt, and taking names.. and along with that comes the desire to be more organized everywhere.

Last weekend he started in the garage after he built us a deck and a platform bed frame for our new mattress. The house is pretty organized. I made sure our junk drawer got an overhaul, and we cleaned out under the bed.

Next on my list to de-clutter is the guest bedroom closet (aka: craft closet that never gets used...) and Hub's closet. My clothes need to be sorted through again, but I'm wary of getting rid of anything because I've OFFICIALLY started Weight Watchers again and don't know what will fit and when... so It may just stay cram packed with clothes for now.

At least the clothes are color coded and sorted by length. (I totally have C sitting in my lap and he totally just drooled down my leg. The joys of motherhood ;)

Anyhoodle, today Hubs built an incredible bill sorter that lets us see our bills due in order from the first of the month to the end of the month. Kinda hard to explain so I'll show you a picture.




Pinterest has become a great source of organization projects, too. Up next is a nail polish storage system (to get them out of my closet and up where I can see them all), a chalkboard menu for the kitchen, and a glass covered calendar with dry erase marker for the kitchen/dining room as well. (Hopefully to help take some of the clutter off of the refrigerator.

By way of little man, we have started playing with toys a lot more, grabbing hold of just about everything (even mom's drinking cup- thankfully we've had no casualties yet) and eating solids. At his last appointment, Little C was 29 1/2 inches long, 14.9 lbs (>95% in height and 35% in weight... I think).

He loves:
- sitting in his bumbo chair with toys
- sitting in his high chair also with toys or talking to me while I make dinner
- playing in his jumperoo
- watching his mobile in his crib
- LOVES bathtime still
- would eat sweet potatoes and butternut squash all day (I make it- super duper easy!)

Anyhoodle, that's all folks!! Off I got o finish laundry, try to file paid bills and empty the dishwasher.... it's never ending! (but at least it's fun)


1 comment:

Reba said...

Yeah for you! It is SOOO wise to become organized now with one than to try to do it with four. I am not getting anywhere. :(