Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Backyard BBQ: C's 2nd Birthday

You know that feeling where you just feel overwhelmingly blessed by the people in your life?

This weekend had many of those feelings..

From my Dad coming up early to help with small projects, to spending the entire day with my Grandparents and Mom.


To friends blessing us with such rich memories and watching all of our kiddos play while we enjoyed fun conversation.

C is so blessed to have such wonderful people guiding his life.


Thanks to all of our friends, and family. (near and far... those text messages from our friends far away are priceless!)

We couldn't have imagined a more fun day to spend with you all.

Can't wait to do it again.



Last year, Chase and I made and decorated Connor's cake. We really enjoyed it, so we did it again this year! During icing, Connor woke up, so I kind of rushed through the final stages... it looked a little interesting.  A little work from awesome, detail oriented Dad, and the cake looked like a million bucks! Topped with some cute homemade touches, and it was ready.


I used this recipe for the cake, and a super duper yummy icing recipe from my awesome friend Madeline. If you want this recipe, I'll have to ask her! ;)


For the pennant, I took two straws and bakers twine and hot glued the ends into the straws. Then I hot glued little triangles of burlap onto the string, and voila! Super cute pennant. I contemplated writing a C on the middle triangle, or possibly "two", but I loved the simplicity of this!


We also made bubble favors for our little buddies!

(mini mason jars, spray painted the lids orange, used my awesome Nesting Punch and cut out vinyl for the labels. Labeled with a chalk pen ((too large of a tip obviously, lol)) and filled with bubble solution. You can also see the wands in the background formed with crafting pipe cleaners! Easy and fun craft time!)


And it's not a BBQ without the grape, orange, and cherry sodas.






C totally loved his cake... 

and opening gifts from his sweet friends.... 


I'm pretty sure he had a blast! 


No comments: