Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reading List:

My New Years Resolution for 2010 is to keep a list of all books I read from January 1, 2010 and beyond. I read tons and tons of books in 2009, but did not keep track of them.

On my list, I will name the book title, author, and a few brief comments about the book. This will be a great tool when recommending books to friends, or when I want to refresh my memory of a certain book!

(*) = currently reading

April 2010:
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I found this to be an easy read albeit it was very predictable. Gilbert has a very quirky way of writing- which I appreciated and "loled" at a few times, but in total I found myself somewhat unfulfilled at the end. It's similar to a good chick flick.. it isn't going to win "movie of the year" or anything. Actually, I bet the movie will be a wonderful and moving romantic comedy! I love me a good romantic comedy, too. It's like a palate cleanser! **1/2

May 2010
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
This book has easily become one of my 'go-to' favorites. I felt so connected to the characters... their wants, desires, embarrassments, thoughts. It was so touching and real. I haven't felt a connection to a book in this way since I read East of Eden by Steinbeck. It was simply marvelous. *****

June 2010
* Shanghai Girls by Lisa See




No comments: