Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Rejected

So I may have mentioned that our house is now under contract.

If not:

Our house is under contract!!!!

We have had such an amazing experience with our realtor Jason Smith.
He is so honest, and so easy to work. You just feel well taken care of!

This being said, he had our house under contract with our second viewing! Which was surprising and scary and thrilling all at once.

This means that we close in about a month on our home, and need to have a place to live by then.

I have been so thankful for Chase (even while he's been sick with the stomach bug I had last week) he reassured me that the right home would be there for us when we need it.

We made an offer on a home two days ago and it was rejected. Now, this home was super cute as a home, but the location was not super cute. It was right on a major main thoroughfare. We were rationalizing that it was within our budget, and we could possibly use it as a studio later or something of that nature. However, it wasn't going to be an investment property.

That apparently wasn't suppose to be how it goes down, so we're scouring all the listings again, and have a few hopefuls!!

I've had this picture in my head of a cute house that we can slowly renovate to suit our taste on a quiet neighborhood close to a great school for C, because sheesh.. before we know it he will be in school. Maybe some big trees and close to a park even. All of those = $$$. So we'll see where we are led!!

I'm so thankful for all of my friends that have been keeping us in their prayers though. We've felt them!!

Tell me, what do you look for in a home/property when buying?


2 comments:

Reba said...

A big backyard (hard to find) preferably fenced in, an open kitchen, good storage space, good school district, close to things but not right on a major road (due to kids and dog), close to work. Pretty much where I am (for me) though we could really use one more bedroom and bathroom...

Kalyn Cavalier said...

Thanks for sharing, Reba!!!

We are hoping for a nice big yard, too! We LOVE spending time outside, so it would be nice to have a space we could make our own to enjoy.

I loved your home... what a great location, and your kitchen was awesome and spacious!!