Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chicken "Low" Mein

I really really love chicken lo mein. Like really.

In an effort to make lo mein more on the "low" side, I tried my hand at making my own.

The recipe is pretty simple and can almost all be made in one pan (sans the noodels, because well, they need water).

I'm pretty sure this will be a repeat!

Chicken "Low" Mein
Ingredients: 
1/4 box wheat spaghetti, uncooked
1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic- minced
1/2 onion cut into strips
2 T soy sauce
1 bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 c chicken broth
2 T peanut butter
1 T chopped peanuts

Directions:
1. Boil spaghetti. Drain. Set aside.
2. Saute chicken, onions, peppers in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add soy sauce and garlic.
3. Add peanut butter, and broth and stir fry on hot heat for 4 minutes.
4. Add spaghetti to chicken mixture and incorporate well.

Serve with chopped nuts on top.
The entire meal is around 400 calories for one serving. Makes 4 servings. 

Enjoy!

Nothing fancy, but super yum. 





2 comments:

Reba said...

Looks yummy! I will have to try. I think I might try cooking the chicken in a little sesame oil...Yum!

Kalyn Cavalier said...

I used sesame oil! It gives a great flavor. :-) I just put oil since I wasn't sure most had sesame oil. Lol