Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies

Last week was our turn to host playgroup at our home. I really love getting to see all of these wonderful ladies and kiddos weekly. 

All of the mommas have delicious snacks for usually, and I love trying new recipes!
The night before, I was so tempted to just run to Wal-Mart and grab some yummies, but we have been trying to stick to our budget so I set off on an adventure to make something with what I had on hand in the pantry.

I cruised over to Pinterest and searched "coconut cookies" because, well.. I have tons of coconut in the refrigerator waiting to be used.

I did an adaptation from this recipe. 

They turned out great, although a little hard! They were considerably tastier right out of the oven, and I think I will use more coconut oil next time around. My mix was a little too crumbly for my taste.




                         Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cup granulated sugar (or 1 cup granulated, 1 cup brown)
2 large eggs
1 to 1 1/2 cup coconut oil (measured solid), melted and slightly cooled
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1/2 cup quick oats

Directions:
1. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Set aside. 
2. Mix all wet ingredients and slowly fold in dry ingredients. Add coconut and oats last. Mixture will be lumpy. 
3. Drop onto a silpat, and bake for 10 minutes at 350*. 
4. Remove and let cool for 2 minutes, then remove from sheet and let cool on a wire rack.


  



No comments: