Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Wachaa!

This is going to be a hodgepodge of a post, so hold on!

This week has been pretty crazy. I've been running a lot, and improved my pace yesterday by three minutes! The pace was 1.3miles/17 minutes. Not great by any means, but slowly getting better.

I don't know what it was about yesterday, but I felt great! When I got on the scale this morning and my eyes almost popped out of my head. I lost two more pounds?! That makes my loss this week 4 pounds so far. I haven't had a loss like that since my first week of Weight Watchers. :) I think it was a culmination of a few things. First- it is my "time" of the month (I'm sure you needed to know that), and I am pretty sure I retain water the week prior.. actually I'm really sure. I think that's why I didn't have a loss last week.
 Second, I had wine last night... for the first time in a very long time... after exercising... and eating a light dinner... and that didn't sit well on my stomach. I'll stop there.
 And last, I ran a lot more this week than I normally do!

 I didn't go over my daily points this week once- even with the wine yesterday, so I'm proud that I haven't had to use my weekly flex points this week! This week was also focused on eating more vegetables and drinking more water--I even ate only veggies a coupla' days last week.

Cheesy- but I had Chase snap a photo just so I could see if i liked my outfit and to see on camera what my progress looks like... and to make sure I didn't look like a total chub.


and here's my attempt to get a shot prior to asking hubs...  hehe


So after this, we went to Fayetteville for the FJC at Scarpino's. While Chase played, Stephanie and I relaxed and enjoyed! I love this girl.
 

To make this post even more random, here's a picture from the conference last weekend! This is Dr. Artie Almeida. I <3 her. 




She was such a fantastic teacher. Her lessons were fast paced, activity packed, and involved total physical response to the extreme! Her directions were precise and wow.. she just rocks. Now I am looking even more forward to finding an elementary job and having my own classroom to try some of these ideas! Especially Mallet Madness! What a great teaching tool.

That about wraps up all the randomness!
Thanks for stopping by. :)

Btw... we're waiting for the rain to stop so we can go camping! *crosses fingers* that it will stop soon. Normally rainy days are appreciated- but we really want to get out of town and relax!

2 comments:

Mindy B said...

Your hair is getting so long!!!! Gorgeous dahling!!!

Auggie said...

My darling! First of all, I love the new layout of your blog! It's so happy and "springy"! Second, YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING AND I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I'm so proud of you for taking the initiative and having the will power to get healthy. I really need to do the same. I do miss you ever so much. Sending hugs from Korea! :)